Sunday, March 25, 2012

March Madness Duathlon 2012

March Madness Duathlon 2012 
Central Park, NYC
March 25th, 2012


2 Mile Run --- 12 Mile BIKE --- 2 Mile RUN 

Speedwork, speedwork, speedwork!


Marc had me sign up for this race for some speedwork leading up to Collegiate Nationals. I was a bit hesitant to do a race without a swim (I’m sorry, run bike and then run again?), but I knew it’d be good practice for my legs.

I also needed to get outside. This end of March race was smack dab in the dreary days of late winter and I hadn’t been outside on the bike in a while.

Let me tell you, if you ever have the chance to do a bike race in CENTRAL PARK, do it. What a rush. Pushing as hard as you can on your bike in the middle of the most famous park in the WORLD… that’s one hell of a high. Needless to say, I did really well.

The race went so well, in fact, that I shocked myself with an overall female win!!!!! 

Takeaways: make sure I’m thoroughly warmed up before a running race (sprinting out of the gate on a cold day cold turkey is rough), and practice some more hard bike/run bricks.

Run1 = 15:17

T1= 0:46

Bike= 33:14 – fastest female bike split

T2= 0:37

Run2 = 15:48

Overall time = 1:05:46
Overall Place = 1st Female, 36/373 OA

Results posted here: http://nytc.org/results_full.cfm?ID=195

No comments:

Post a Comment