Friday, September 12, 2014

The 2014-2015 CX Season Kicks off with CrossVegas!


Hey everyone, I'm back!

A lot has happened in the past few months, so I figured I'd at least write up a Cross Vegas recap and post it on the ol' dusty blog.

Not very many people use blogs anymore, huh? I guess Facebook has become the venue for announcements in peoples' lives, whether good or bad. I've been thinking that I'd like to keep a nice log of 'cross season here this year for everyone to have access to and as a record of events to read back on as I head into the next season.

#crossvegas!
Quick recap of the night race in the desert:

4th row call-up. Bobble at the start trying to get by someone who had issues clipping in. Took the inside line around the Showcase lap which was a bad idea.. I ended up slamming my bicep and shoulder into the fence as we turned back into the start/finish straight. You can see during the live feed, a huge gap opens up as everyone comes back through start/finish and that was totally my fault after I bounced off the fence and slowed everyone up. From then on, adrenaline was pumping through my veins and I went through the next couple laps slowly picking people off and surprising myself. I made some serious efforts on lap 2 and 3 that put me in a great position to hold on for dear life for the last two laps of the race. Being in the chase group for a majority of the race felt amazing and I was so pumped to be up there.. probably a little too amped as Rachel Lloyd told me after the race that she was surprised at how hard I was going a little too early on haha. #newb
I held on for a strong 8th place finish and couldn't have been more happy with that. Going into the race, I told myself that top 10 would have been a dream given the competition on deck.  Thus, an 8th place finish was pure victory in my book... and oh did it taste sweet. I had a lot of friends, fans, and ex-coworkers at the event, so it was even better that I was able to make everyone go nuts with each passing lap. Thanks for the cheers!!!

The Panda Death Stare - courtesy of Phil Beckman 
The new bike:

1 comment:

  1. It's unbelievable how fortunate I feel after finding your website. For the past 6 months, I have been so depressed after losing my husband to another woman. My money situation worsened so much that I thought I'd have to file for bankruptcy. I had a huge amount of debt and I didn't know what to do. Out of complete and total desperation, I contacted many of those so-called individuals who promised powerful magic, witchcraft or black magic. None of them worked and none were as wonderful, affectionate and warm as Dr SADUMA has been. He is definitely different from the others and I felt immediate hope and strength from hearing about the promises he had to offer. He carries an air of purity and divine strength that is as pure as fresh snow on the ground. I requested DR SADUMA most powerful spells and I was relieved right away that I had someone to solve my problems for me. His spells worked wonders and I am now back with my husband and my money troubles resolved itself after winning the lottery. Dr SADUMA, I have no idea what I would have done without you being there to help me out. you can contact him via email sadumalovespellhome@GMAIL.com or directly on his website http:// sadumalovespellhome@gmail.com. or call +234815602769

    ReplyDelete